Re: Specifying %{variable} in control file for use in postinst?

So I am gathering that whereas it is repugnant to the dpkg design
scheme to do it, but for the sake of rpm reconciliation the thread
subject question: accessing control file values in postinst is not
simple to do other than with major changes like sed pre-processing and
such?

Is that the situation?

I need to decide this soon and move on.

-- IV