Re: RFS: pyamf

Hi Christoph,

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 5:15 AM, Christoph Egger <christoph@debian.org> wrote:
>        I've just having a look at it. Below you can find some random
> points I noticed.
>
>  * the BSD licene in common-licenses tells (c) The Regents of the
>    University of California -- it is unsuitable for everything but
>    original BSD software. Please just include a copy in your
>    copyright (or use the MIT license that is already there).

I just adopted this package and the debian bits were already licensed
under BSD. Surely I can change the license to MIT, but I preferred
to keep the license chose by the previous maintainer.
Now, for example so many packages license the debian
dir with GPL and use the text in common-licences and it tells
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc but AFAIK it
doesn't mean that FSF own that software. Or am I wrong?

>  * There's a patch included in your package. It is not at all clear
>    why it must be there, whether it has been forwarded (or if that
>    could be done) nor anything else. Please comment your patch.

I found out this patch was useless and it was removed.

>  * Your watchfile doesn't seem to work very well
>
> % uscan --report-status
> uscan warning: In debian/watch,
>  no matching hrefs for pattern
>  http://download.pyamf.org/releases/([\d.]+) at /usr/bin/uscan line 1571, <WATCH> line 2.
> uscan warning: In watchfile debian/watch, reading webpage
>  http://download.pyamf.org/releases/1/ failed: 404 Not Found

Yes, upstream changed the URLs, but this is already fixed.

Thanks for your review,
Cheers,

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x7D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/