Seeking advice on Gnurush

Dear mentors,

I hope to find some advice on how to proceede with the initial
packaging of Gnurush, which is a shell for allowing only restricted
access to users configured for using this shell.

It was filed as ITP #515198, but the candidate developer found he
had to withdraw his offer, so the package is back to RFP status.
I myself submitted a message to the very same bug with the content
that I am in the possession of a working package, and I was hoping
for some feedback as to the desireability that I proceed with testing.
To no avail!

Keeping the proximity in time of the upcoming release freeze, I could
use an advice about the feasibility of having the time to thoroughly
test the package, regarding its potential uses for tied down services.

Deliver a ready package, that I could accomplish this very instant,
but I am reluctant to make the package public before I have
convinced myself that the claimed functionality is fully in place.
In addition, I would welcome the collaboration with an established
and official Debian developer in conduction such functionality tests.
Again motivated by the potential security issues involved in a productive
package.

I myself have not proceeded farther than maintaining seven packages
at present, but I count an upcoming porting of Webfs to use GnuTLS,
instead of OpebSSL, as a sign that I am not without skills!

Best regards,
--
Mats Erik Andersson, fil. dr
<mats.andersson@gisladisker.se>

Abbonerar på: debian-mentors, debian-devel-games, debian-perl, debian-ipv6