Re: "what it's like" to be old debian maintainer

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 03:04:13 +0100
Jérémy Lal <jerry@edagames.com> wrote:

> i'm wondering what happens when you spent hours and
> years dealing with debian... is it something you don't regreat ?
> I'm in the learning curve and it's still very interesting,
> so it's natural for me to ask what more experienced people
> feel about that.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jérémy.

I'm a maintainer hopeful and have some years behind me also.
That being said, I am looking at this 2 fold.

1. To develop my programming skills
2. The main point, to gain a much better understanding about Debian
AND, the challenge!!!

You need to keep yourself challenged in life. It's what helps to make
life in exciting!

So - I don't feel that age is a matter as long as you can learn and
don't have hang ups about taking compliments and criticism from younger
and almost certainly more knowledgeable folks!

That's just me though!

--
Regards,

Chris

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the
government fears the people, there is liberty."

           -- Thomas Jefferson