Re: RFS: commit-patch

David Caldwell <david@porkrind.org> writes:

> Interesting. [‘bzr patch’] doesn't seem to be documented in my bzr,
> but it appears to apply the patch to the working directory instead of
> committing it. This is not what commit-patch does--it commits the
> patch to the repository and leaves your working directory as it was.

Why does ‘commit-patch’ not affect the working tree? How is the revision
related to others, then?

What is the use case where one wants the patch stored as a revision,
pretending that the working tree once had that state, but leaving the
working tree without that state?

--
 \                            “Only the educated are free.” —Epictetus |
Ben Finney