Re: RFS: commit-patch

Hi!

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 09:03:45PM -0700, David Caldwell wrote:
> * Package name    : commit-patch
>  Version         : 2.3-1
>  Upstream Author : David Caldwell <david@porkrind.org>
> * URL             : http://porkrind.org/commit-patch/
> * License         : GPLv2
>  Section         : vcs
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> commit-patch - Commit fine grained patches to source code control
> repositories
>
>  Normally version control systems don't allow fine grained
>  commits. commit-patch allows the user to control exactly what gets
>  committed by letting the user supply a patch to be committed rather than
>  using the files in the current working directory.

	The Motivation part sounds a bit like what git commit -p does
(bazaar has something similar) or do yoiu intent to do something
different?

>  commit-patch supports Darcs, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, Subversion, or CVS
>  repositories.

	Which at least means it might be usefull for CVS, SVN which (as
far as I know) don't have such a option (apart from git-svn ...)

>  Also included is an Emacs interface to commit-patch. It allows you to just
>  hit C-c C-c in any patch buffer to apply and commit only the changes
>  indicated by the patch, regardless of the changes in your working
>  directory.

:)

>  - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/commit-patch/commit-patch_2.3-1.dsc

Regards

	Christoph

--
/"\  ASCII Ribbon : GPG-Key ID: 0xD49AE731
\ /    Campaign   : CaCert Assurer

http://www.christoph-egger.org/