Re: New packager

Fabrizio Furnari wrote:
> Ok, sorry for the previous, long email.
> My question is: is there someone who want to help me to package these:
>
> OpenJump 1.3.1 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jump-pilot/files/)
> Saga 2.0.4 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/saga-gis/files/)
> AutoQ3D Community  (
> http://www.autoq3d.com/downloads/category/3-autoq3d-community)
> Stereo 0.2b (http://stereo.sourceforge.net/)
> uDig 1.2RC1 (http://udig.refractions.net/download/)
> gvSIG 1.9 (
> http://www.gvsig.gva.es/eng/off/gvsig-desktop/all-versions/download/gvsig-19/downloading-the-program/
> )
> e-foto 0.1 (http://www.efoto.eng.uerj.br/doku.php?id=en:download)
> jSVR 0.5 beta http://sourceforge.net/projects/svr/files/
> Total Open Station http://tops.berlios.de/
>
> Most of them are Java packages, all the licenses should compatible with
> Debian (GPL and LGPL).
> Obiviously I listed all before, but I'm happy also starting with one of
> them, I need to learn! :-)
>
> Fabrizio

Hi

You may want to join or/and ask Debian's Java team[1] about the java
packages - they will (also) be far better equipped for java specific
questions than the general mentors list (and can provide sponsors for
java packages); though for general packaging issues, mentors is still a
good (if not the better) choice.

~Niels

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Java#Developers-JavapackagingworkinDebian
http://pkg-java.alioth.debian.org/