Re: CHowning files - or not?

> Mmm, in this case by "local changes" we (at least I, but I assume
> also KiBi and Paul Wise) mean "what the sysadmin has done by hand
> after installing a previous version of the package", not
> "what some parts of the package installation have done during
> the installation itself".

I know what local changes are. And I *want* any of these changes to be
lost when a package is updated.

As I mentioned in my very first mail, this is a repository of packages for
*local* deployment, to systems *I* maintain, that are supposed to be
*stock* installations with *no* modifications watsoever, and that are
*never* touched by anyone except me.

-nik