Re: RFS: capstats

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Justin Azoff <JAzoff@uamail.albany.edu> wrote:

>> If you build the package twice in a row the following extra files end
>> up in the diff.gz:
>>
>> capstats-0.12/config.h.in
>> capstats-0.12/aclocal.m4
>> capstats-0.12/configure
>> capstats-0.12/Makefile.in
>
> ah.. I've been using git-buildpackage with a separate build area so I never
> noticed this.  Is the correct fix for this to just override dh clean and rm
> these files?

Yeah or create a debian/clean file, see the dh_clean(1) manual page.

>> configure warning:
>>
>> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-maintainer-mode
>
> Still looking into this one. dh passes that by default.. I know I can override
> dh to not pass that, but I'm wondering why the default dh options are causing
> warnings in the first place.

Not really sure about that, doesn't look like a major issue anyway.

>> lintian complaints:
>
> Grr!  I'm doing something wrong here.. I setup a sid cowbuilder, but it seems
> that cowbuilder doesn't run lintian as part of the build process.  I installed
> lintian from lenny-backports but that doesn't have any of the below warnings
> either.  I can setup a sid chroot/vm/box, but I was hoping to be able to just
> use cowbuilder for this. Is there a way to get cowbuilder to run litian?  I
> think maybe I'm going about this workflow all wrong.

Take a look at my pbuilder configuration:

http://people.debian.org/~pabs/tmp/pbuilder.tar.gz

Basically you need a pbuilder hook:

cat ~/.pbuilder/hooks/B09lint
#!/bin/sh
echo -n 'Installing lintian: '
# locales is needed to avoid manpage-has-errors-from-man Invalid or
incomplete multibyte or wide character
echo 'locales locales/locales_to_be_generated multiselect en_AU.UTF-8
UTF-8' | debconf-set-selections
apt-get install -y --force-yes --no-install-recommends lintian locales
lintian --info --display-info --display-experimental --pedantic
--show-overrides --checksums --color auto /tmp/buildd/*.changes
exit 0

--
bye,
pabs