Re: help with BTS mail interface

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:
> Kumar Appaiah <a.kumar@alumni.iitm.ac.in> writes:

>> "Closing with a wontfix tag" is something which people do, but I
>> personally don't prefer. "wontfix", IMHO, should be reserved for
>> something like a potential problem or misfeature, which you
>> acknowledge, but don't want to fix, at least for now.

> I can see the logic of this. What, then, should be the tag applied for
> “not a bug” or otherwise invalid reports?

In Debian, the standard practice is to just close them.  Some maintainers
tag them with wontfix before closing them, but the tags on closed bugs are
mostly ignored so it's not clear that this makes much difference.

I prefer not to tag such bugs wontfix when closing them because if they're
re-opened, usually it's for reasons that would also remove the wontfix
tag, so it just requires more effort on both sides.