Re: Reforming 'orig.tar.gz' with included tar-ball.

torsdag den 28 januari 2010 klockan 07:11 skrev Paul Wise detta:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Mats Erik Andersson
> <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> wrote:
>
> > It is Webfs, for its purpose a useful web server, but the present
> > versions of Gcc emit warnings due to inconsistent string types.
>
> Ah, looks like upstream doesn't use a hosting service like sf.net. If
> you're unable to contact upstream, you would have to fork it rather
> than take over the project.

I have no immediate intention to take over upstream, since I believe
it to be responsive enough, my sturdieness concerns at the moment only
the revival of the Debian package maintenance.

The package did (and does) inactivate the SSL-library because of the
license clash against GPL. According to the records in BTS, some efforts
to develop a patch to use GnuTLS instead of OpenSSL was begun, but they
never reached completion. Springtime will reveal whether I can do any
better.

For the learning experience I will develop a second version of my
presently updated (which by the way works very well with a better
provisions to use the capacities inherent in Webfs) to use the
new 3.0-quilt format.

Regards,

Mats E A