Re: Multiples binaries with different versions from one source file?

Eric Lavarde <deb@zorglub.s.bawue.de> writes:

> I fear I know the (negative) answer

Congratulations! :-)

> but perhaps I missed something: I have one source package which
> creates a library and an application, where each has its own
> (different) version. The logical approach would be to have two binary
> packages created from the same source, with two different versions.

I disagree. The logical approach would be for the binary packages to use
the version of the source package.

If the library is so distinct from the application that it needs a
distinct version, then surely it should also have a distinct source code
base.

What meaning is being communicated by having a binary package with a
different version from its corresponding source?

--
 \      “Courteous and efficient self-service.” —café, southern France |
Ben Finney