Re: RFS: alien-arena (updated package)

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:40:28 +0100 Patrick Matthäi wrote:
> Now they look like:
>
> I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
> kill-runaway-crded_tool_debianization.patch
> I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
> rcon_tool_debianization.patch
> I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
> home_as_game_dir.patch
> I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
> fix-CVE-2007-4754-CVE-2007-4755.patch
> I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
> makefile_modifications.patch

Fixed.

> P: alien-arena: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license
> usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
>
> P: alien-arena-server: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license
> usr/share/common-licenses/GPL

Fixed.

> Patches:
>  patches/debian-changes-7.33-1                 | 1486
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> This still exists.

I had a temp file in the working source, which for format 3.0 packages
gets automatically added as a patch.  I had not expected that.  I've
removed the temp file, which fixes the problem.

> > As to the question about the server package requiring the client; that
> > is because they share a game.so, which is only included in the client
> > binary package.
>
> Wouldn't it be better than (in future releases) to split up to package
> with a new alien-arena-common package?

That's a good idea.  I now put the shared files into a new
alien-arena-common package.

The new packages are again available at:

Thanks again!
Mike