Re: RFS: bro

[no need to CC me, I'm subscribed]

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Justin Azoff <JAzoff@uamail.albany.edu> wrote:

> I had tried that, but it wasn't working.  I realize now that is because I
> am using the older debhelper in lenny.  I will install the debhelper
> backport or setup a squeeze VM and rewrite the rules file.

Cool.

> I will build separate source packages for:
>
>  * capstats
>  * trace-summary
>  * python-broccoli
>
> Does this sound like a good plan?

I thought libbroccoli and python-broccoli were part of bro, otherwise
great. Please check if they are actually needed by bro before creating
them.

> I will ask upstream about removing the extra copies.

Great.

>> Remove all the .ex files, README.Debian.
>
> Will do.

Note that some of them should be renamed without the .ex,

>> libbroccoli3 will mostly be installed automatically, so it should have
>> a much less detailed package description than the -dev package.
>
> Will do.  I will go through a bunch of existing libfoo and libfoo-dev
> packages for ideas.

I think you'll find most of them have either the same description or
something like what you did.

> I will make a new package called libbroccoli-common.
> Alternatively, I don't believe that file is required for normal operation.
> If not, could I just install it as a package example file?

I'd suggest either dropping it or installing it as an example,
probably isn't worth another package just for one file.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise