Re: Lintian.d.o != local lintian

Reinier Haasjes <reinier@haasjes.com> writes:

> I just updated my machine to sid and rebuild the package. If I run
> lintian I get the following:
>> reinier@debpack:~/deb/build-area$ lintian -I --pedantic -E -v aiccu_20070115-11_i386.changes
>> N: Setting up lab in /tmp/vpV8Z090WM ...
>> N: Processing changes file aiccu_20070115-11_i386.changes ...
>> N: Processing 2 packages...
>> N: ----
>> N: Processing source package aiccu (version 20070115-11) ...
>> N: ----
>> N: Processing binary package aiccu (version 20070115-11) ...
>> N: Removing /tmp/vpV8Z090WM ...
>> reinier@debpack:~/deb/build-area$
> summary: lintian clean

> If I check the lintian page for aiccu [1] there are 4 warnings. It's the
> same version, I didn't change anything since the upload.

Rebuilding the package apparently fixed the problems.  Given that the tags
are:

W: aiccu: script-not-executable ./etc/pm/sleep.d/60aiccu
W: aiccu: executable-not-elf-or-script ./etc/aiccu.conf
W: aiccu: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/aiccu/conf-templates/aiccu.conf
W: aiccu: maintainer-script-empty preinst

the first three were probably fixed by dh_fixperms running properly.  I
don't know why that didn't happen in the original build that was uploaded
to the archive, or what happened with the last tag.

> Can somebody tell me why lintian.d.o is reporting warnings I don't get
> local?

aptitude download -t unstable aiccu followed by running lintian on the
package in the archive produces the same tags as what lintian.d.o shows.