Re: Re: RFS: ITA of giflib

Hi

* Michal Čihař:
> Dne Fri, 8 Jan 2010 21:15:58 +0100
> Thibaut GRIDEL <tgridel@free.fr> napsal(a):
>
> I: giflib source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source field
> "section" in package libgif4
Fixed.

> E: giflib-tools:
> binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./usr/bin/gif2epsn /usr/lib
> ... for (probably) all binaries
Thanks for reporting this, which I was unaware of as I build for i386.
I hope to have fixed this doing the following:
- depend on libtool (>=2.2.6) which is said not to present rpath quirks
  and run autoreconf to update auto-tools files from the orig
- provide --disable-rpath just in case

> I: giflib-tools: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/bin/gifinfo ment meant
Funny, ment is not found in gifinfo source, nor strings does find it here in
binary?
$ strings gifinfo |grep -i ment
# This environment variable determines our operation mode.
      # Run the actual program with our arguments.
    echo "See the libtool documentation for more information." 1>&2

> I: giflib-tools: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/bin/gifbg wierd weird
Fixed.

> I: giflib-tools: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign
> usr/share/man/man1/gif2epsn.1.gz:27
> ... for dozens of man pages
Fixed.

> I: giflib-tools: spelling-error-in-manpage
> usr/share/man/man1/gifrotat.1.gz specifing specifying
Fixed.

> I: giflib-tools: possible-documentation-but-no-doc-base-registration
I did not dare create a doc-base entry for what documentation is only the html
version of man pages... I was considering removing the html more.

I have uploaded a new version on m.d.o.

Thanks,

--
Thibaut