Re: A few questions after my first upload (sponsored)

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:25:30 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> wrote:
>
> > I assume when you say 'unstable environment' you don't exclude the
> > possibility of using a backported lintian on (say) stable.
>
> I'd specifically exclude that. You need to build under sid to ensure
> the package will build and work properly in Debian's development
> release. Since you are building/testing under sid, you may as well run

I was thinking of a case where the package is built in a sid pbuilder
(I should probably have clarified that).

> sid lintian. While useful for ensuring backportability, building under
> stable isn't useful if you want to contribute to the next Debian
> release, which is what new and updated packages should be
> concentrating on.

Sadly testing it only has one option - run sid :/
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au