RFS: toonloop (updated package) // WAS: Re: RFS: Toonloop, python-purity, python-portmidi

Hello,

Christoph Egger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> At Mon, 4 Jan 2010 00:01:50 -0500,
> Alexandre Quessy wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my packages "toonloop", "python-purity"
>> and "python-portmidi". Those packages all involve audio/visuals and
>> networking with Python for media arts.
>>
>> * Package name    : toonloop
>>   Version         : 1.1.4
>>   Upstream Author : Alexandre Quessy
>> * URL             : www.toonloop.com
>> * License         : GPL v3
>>   Section         : python
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> toonloop   - The Toonloop Live Stop Motion Tool.
>>
>> My motivation for maintaining this package is: Toonloop is my dearest
>> project, and APT my favourite package manager.

Dear mentors,

I updated my package "toonloop" to the new version 1.1.7-2.

It builds these binary packages:
toonloop   - The Toonloop Live Stop Motion Tool

The package appears to be lintian clean !

- - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
main contrib non-free
- - dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/toonloop/toonloop_1.1.7-2.dsc

Is this package ready to be uploaded for me ? If the maintainer of the
python-pygame package doesn't upload it within a few days, I should
follow the same steps, and find a mentor to upload the version
1.9.1release, on which my toonloop packages depends. Meanwhile, you can
find that package on this download page :
http://bitbucket.org/aalex/toonloop1/downloads/

Direct download link :
http://bitbucket.org/aalex/toonloop1/downloads/python-pygame_1.9.1release-2_i386.deb

That should be my next step. Let me know if I need to do this prior to
actually see my toonloop package being accepted by a mentor.
You can get more informations about Toonloop at toonloop.com.

>> ----------------
>> I have also an other package to propose, that is python-purity.
>>
>> * Package name    : python-purity
>>   Version         : 0.2.4
>>   Upstream Author : Alexandre Quessy
>> * URL             : http://bitbucket.org/aalex/purity/
>> * License         : GPL v3, unless I change it to LGPL
>>   Section         : python
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> python-purity - The Purity library for Pure Data dynamic patching.
>>
>> My motivation for maintaining this package is: I wrote this library.
>> It wraps Pure Data in the elegant Python language.
>>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
>> main contrib non-free
>> - dget
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/python-purity/python-purity_0.2.4.dsc
>
> 	Same here. What I wonder as well is why you have *native* packages
> here. Is that Software specific to debian in some way?
>
> % lintian -IE --pedantic python-purity_0.2.4.dsc
> W: python-purity source: diff-contains-hg-tags-file .hgtags
> W: python-purity source: diff-contains-hg-control-dir .hg
> E: python-purity source: missing-python-build-dependency
> W: python-purity source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.0 (current
> is 3.8.3)

That "python-purity" package will wait, since I want to make some small
improvements before I actually apply it. Should I remove it from the
mentors system meanwhile ? I guess so.

>> ----------------
>> Finally, it would be simpler if the same mentor would also be my
>> mentor for the package "python-portmidi".
>> I don't know why, but I couldn't upload this one. Here is the output
>> of dupload :
>>
>> {{{
>> aalex@plouf:~/src$ dupload -t mentors python-portmidi_0.0.6-4_i386.changes
>> dupload note: no announcement will be sent.
>> Checking signatures before upload......signatures are ok
>> Uploading (ftp) to mentors.debian.net:/
>> [ job python-portmidi_0.0.6-4_i386 from python-portmidi_0.0.6-4_i386.changes
>>  python-portmidi_0.0.6-4_all.deb, md5sum ok, already done for mentors
>>  python-portmidi_0.0.6-4.tar.gz, md5sum ok, already done for mentors
>>  python-portmidi_0.0.6-4.dsc, md5sum ok, already done for mentors
>>  python-portmidi_0.0.6-4_i386.changes ok, already done for mentors ]
>> Nothing to upload
>> }}}
>
> 	That just tells you that you already uploaded the package to
> mentors. You could just use the -f option in dupload to overwrite that
> upload (and that looks like another native package? please fix that!).

I will work on python-portmidi a bit later, when I get more used to
packaging. I think I am going pretty better now, with your help !

Kind regards
 Alexandre Quessy