Re: RFS: Toonloop, python-purity, python-portmidi

At Wed, 06 Jan 2010 09:14:23 -0500,
Alexandre Quessy wrote:

> Hello Christoph and Debian mentors,
>
> How do I make sure my packages are considered as non-native ? Should I
> remove the "Source" entry in the debian/control file, or set it to a
> different value?

	For your package to become non-nate you'll need to set the version
in debian/changelog to $upstreamversion-1 and have
$packagename_$upstreamversion.orig.tar.gz in the parrent directory
(well there are some exceptiions but ...).

> Right now, I set it to the same name as the package. It
> might be wrong. I started from a template for Python projects a friend
> gave me which contains only 3 files :
>  * debian/control
>  * debian/rules
>  * debian/changelog
> I think I should start by packaging properly only one project, and do
> the other ones once I am sure everything is OK.
> Since "toonloop" depends on "python-pygame" 1.9 (which I might end up
> maintaining too), I should start with something else, like
> python-portmidi, python-purity or lunch. I will get back to you with my
> choice shortly.
>
> Other question : How do I make sure there are no .hg files in the diff?
> I should "export" the sources from the revision control system first ?

	Passing -I to dpkg-buildpackage should be just fine to exclude the
version-controll support files.

> Thank you.
> Regards,
>
> Alexandre Quessy