Re: RFS: gadmin-rsync (orphaned/updated package)

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 04:41:22PM +0700, Mahyuddin Susanto wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.1.6-1
> of my package "gadmin-rsync".

Please read the developers reference section 5.9 and 5.11 and the Debian
policy to understand what a non maintainer upload is, how you can adopt
a package and how the fields in debian/control work.

Beside that unpack the package you created in a different directory and
review the patches you now have in debian/patches. You revert with your
changes the carefully crafted patches by the prior maintainer.
This automatic patch creation seems to be non-obvious to new maintainers,
I'm not sure how we can improve that beside talking about it.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.