Re: RFS: sonic

> Am 17.12.2010 20:59, schrieb Bill Cox:
>> In my case, I wrote and maintain both the code and debian directory,
>> so I see no need for me to use the quilt patch system, though I do use
>> it in maintaining other packages for Vinux.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bill

Hi Bill,

Please take a look at [1], and a little above that link to see what a
native package is. It's great that you maintain the debian
directory. I don't know what package you are referring too, but it is
generally desired that projects release source code without a debian
directory. The reasons are outlined in the link I gave, but generally
it causes problems when the debian packaging needs to be updated in
between your source code releases. In case you aren't already doing
it, try to keep your source releases free of your debian directory,
and add in the debian directory when packaged for debian.

Also, please consider using the 3.0 (quilt) source format. If your
package is maintained in Debian, it's possible that a patch is needed
in between your source code releases. If your package is already using
3.0 quilt format, you can just drop a patch into the debian/patches
directory and update debian/series.

Cheers,
Scott

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq#What.27swrongwithupstreamshippingadebian.2BAC8directory.3F