Re: RFS: new package for speeding up speech

Hello,

I am not a DD, so I can not sponsor your package. However, I had a
look at your package and here are a few remarks.

  - can you provide a dget-able source ? You can use
    mentors.debian.net to host your package.

  - the source format is "3.0 (native)" but this package is not a
    native one (ie, it can be used outside Debian). This should be
    "3.0 (quilt)" instead.

  - debian/changelog refers to Ubuntu. I believe that you should start
    a new changelog. Please also file an ITP bug against the "wnpp"
    pseudo-package and add a corresponding "Closes: #nnn" entry in the
    changelog.

  - as the packaging is tracked with Git, you can add the Vcs-Git and
    Vcs-Browser to debian/control.

  - dpkg_shlibdeps outputs two warnings :

     * dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: couldn't find library libsonic.so
      needed by debian/sonic/usr/bin/sonic (ELF format: 'elf32-i386';
      RPATH: '').

     * dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libm.so.6 could be
     avoided if "debian/sonic/usr/bin/sonic" were not uselessly linked
     against it (they use none of its symbols).

  - the package has several lintian warnings :

    I: sonic source: duplicate-long-description libsonic libsonic-dev
    W: sonic source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.1)
    W: sonic: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
    W: sonic: manpage-section-mismatch usr/share/man/man1/sonic.1.gz:1 1 != LOCAL
    W: libsonic: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file
    E: libsonic: sharedobject-in-library-directory-missing-soname usr/lib/libsonic.so
    W: libsonic-dev: old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file

Hope that helps,

--
Etienne Millon