Re: RFS: muon

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 21:17, Paul Rufos <paulrufous@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "muon".
>
> * Package name    : muon
>   Version         : 1.0.80-1
>   Upstream Author : Jonathan Thomas <echidnaman@kubuntu.org>
> * URL             : jontheechidna.wordpress.com
> * License         : GPL-3 or later, GFDL 1.2
>   Section         : kde

There is an open RFP #605133 - you should become the owner of it
and retitle it to an ITP (see new-maint guide for details).

Further more, lintian clean is a bit optimistic, at least:
$ lintian -I -E --pedantic qapt_1.0.80-1_i386.changes
(You can get the full description of the tags by using lintian-info -t)

> E: qapt_1.0.80-1_i386 changes: bad-distribution-in-changes-file squeeze
You are targeting 'unstable' or 'testing' normally.
It will migrate from 'unstable' later on to 'testing' if its ready.

> P: libqapt1: no-homepage-field

Upstream should consider creating a static page with information
about qapt/muon you can link to… e.g. where can i find the vcs -
i haven't found it so far (but i am missing the obvious possibly).

> W: libqapt1: new-package-should-close-itp-bug

as noted already above

> E: libqapt1: symbols-file-contains-current-version-with-debian-revision on …

Thumbs up for a symbol file, but they should include all symbols
otherwise they are not as useful as they could.

> W: libqapt-runtime: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/qaptworker
> W: qapt-batch: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/qapt-batch

Not documented means it doesn't exist… ;)

(I haven't looked at muon at all)

With your contact to upstream, you might want to suggest them
to push some of the more general features from qapt to libapt to
benefit from it in all frontends (from my APT point of view).

Best regards

David Kalnischkies