Re: RFS: disco

Hi Janos,

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Janos Guljas <janos@resenje.org> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "disco".
>
> * Package name    : disco
>  Version         : 0.3.2-1
>  Upstream Author : Ville Tuulos <tuulos@gmail.com>
> * URL             : http://github.com/tuulos/disco/downloads
> * License         : GPL-2+
>  Section         : admin
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> disco-doc  - A distributed computing framework - documentation
> disco-master - A distributed computing framework - master
> disco-node - A distributed computing framework - node
> python-disco - A distributed computing framework - client python module
> python-discodb - An efficient, immutable, persistent mapping object Disco
> python-discodex - Distributed indices for Disco

> The upload would fix these bugs: 535891
>
> This is an interesting alternative to Apache hadoop Map/Reduce that is
> actively developing.
> I would really like to read a review if there is something that could
> be done better.
> Previous RFS mail: http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/10/msg00119.html

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/disco/disco_0.3.2-1.dsc

> Kind regards
>  Janos Guljas

I am happy to provide you any help you might need with the packages! I
apologize in advance if my response times are slow occasionally - feel
free to keep bugging me (:

Btw, license is revised BSD, not GPL-2+. Also, I don't know what's the
Debian policy regarding the Upstream Author but technically the
copyright is owned by Nokia Corporation as I am employed by them.

Also, a HUGE thanks to all Debian devs who might be reading this! I
have been using Debian exclusively for more than 10 years, and all our
servers run Debian. I am more than happy to contribute back to the
project (even sponsoring Debconf maybe) if possible.

Cheers,

Ville