The keypad and Policy 9.8

Hello all,

two days ago I opened a wishlist bug [1] against Xvt, a terminal
emulator. The patch included with the bug report will among its
corrections to other keys also make sure that XK_KP_Delete
behaves identically to XK_Delete.

Now that I came to think of Debian Policy, section 9.8,
I am interested in the correct severity of the bug. Does
that section of the policy document spill over also to
the keypad?

My patch touches also on #121880 in [2], since it activates
correct functionality for Home, End also outside the keypad.
But contrary to the impression in #121880, the Delete key
nowadays is working according to policy already without
my alteration.

Regards,
Mats E A