Re: 32 bit versus 64 apt-get/reprepro dependency switchover?

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 19:09, Ignacio Valdes <ivaldes@hal-pc.org> wrote:
> Hi, so where is the logical switchover specified for reprepro/apt-get
> on 32 bit versus 64 bit packages? In other words I have package
> x-32.deb and package x-64.deb, they need to be installed
> differentially based upon 32 vs 64 bit architecture. Does this
> specification occur in reprepro conf files? If so, how?

I think i don't really understand what you mean, but APT/dpkg doesn't
install (binary) packages differently depending on the architecture.
Nor does have reprepro anything to do with installation…

While building packages, you have the change to vary depending
on for which architecture your (binary) package is built,
BUT: why you need/want that in the first place?

Best regards

David Kalnischkies

P.S.: I have cc'ed you in violation of the Code of Conduct, other
follow-ups may avoid that. So either subscribe to d-mentors
(and punish me for spamming you) or request cc'ing explicit…