Re: RFS: qmagneto

Hi,

I fixed many issues:

W: qmagneto source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.1)
Now with 3.9.1 version

postinst should be qmagneto.postinst
install should be qmagneto.install
menu should be qmagneto.menu
The files are renamed

manpages is empty, you should delete that file.
I created one

docs is empty, you should delete that file
ok, deleted

watch is empty, you should fix it.
Fixed but partially

qmagneto.desktop: warning: key "Encoding" in group "Desktop Entry" is deprecated
Fixed

If anyone wants to check again.

Regards,
Jean-Luc Biord

2010/11/29 Julien Viard de Galbert <julien@vdg.blogsite.org>
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 05:23:26PM -0500, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> I'm not a Debian Developer, so I can't upload. Anyway, here's a review:

I'm not DD either, but I have some comments...

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Jean-Luc Biord <jlbiord@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "qmagneto".
> >
> > * Package name    : qmagneto
> >   Version         : 1.3-4
> >   Upstream Author : Jean-Luc Biord <jlbiord@gmail.com>
> >
> > * URL             : http://biord-software.org/qmagneto/
> > * License         : GPL
> >   Section         : graphics
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > qmagneto   - QMagneto is an EPG (Electronic Program Guide) which displays
> > the TV programs. It also able to record programs by call an external program
> > as
> >
> >  VLC or mencoder. It is thus possible to record programs from a french BOX
> > (Neufbox or Freebox) or a DVB-T device.
> >

> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >
> > The upload would fix these bugs: 603806
> >

> > My motivation for maintaining this package is: Provide a new EPG for debian
> > compatible with the XMLTV format.
> >
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> >
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
> > contrib non-free
> > - dget
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/qmagneto/qmagneto_1.3-4.dsc
> >

> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
> >
> > Kind regards
> >  Jean-Luc Biord
> >

> One lintian warning with your dsc:
>
> W: qmagneto source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.1)
>
> postinst should be qmagneto.postinst
> install should be qmagneto.install
> menu should be qmagneto.menu
>
> manpages is empty, you should delete that file.
> docs is empty, you should delete that file
>
> watch is empty, you should fix it.
>
> As much as I love Ubuntu, you should not have Ubuntu versions in the
> Changelog. This looks like a new package, so this must be left over
> from your PPA. FYI, the versions should be appended with ~ppaN. That's
> secondary to the fact that they should not be here :)
>
> You should also be on revision qmagneto_1.3-1, not 4.

I'm not 100% sure the rule is that strict here, you probably want to
keep the upgrade path easy for the users, and the current ppa version
did not use the ~ (in debian version ordering ~ is before anything,
even before the empty string) so you might need to keep it -4.
I think I've already seen such an explanation before on mentors but I
couldn't find the reference just now...
(an other option would be to do a new upstream release, if you have
some fix for it, and then adjust the ppa version to 1.4-1~ppa1 and
the debian one to 1.4-1)

Also your qmagneto_1.3.orig.tar.gz file should normally be the result
of just renaming the upstream release tarball (the one the watch file
should be trying to find)

> Remove all the old uploads from the file, and close an ITP on the
> upload. If you don't have an ITP you should create one.

Well actually #603806 is the ITP, but it should be more obvious,
the debian new maintainers' guide propose the following wording:

 * Initial release (Closes: #603806)

> Your desktop file has an error:
>
> qmagneto.desktop: warning: key "Encoding" in group "Desktop Entry" is deprecated
>
> You should fix this as well.
>
> I did not build the application, my netbook has a hard time. I'll
> build it and look at the debs when I get back to my computer.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul
>
> --
> All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.
>
> #define sizeof(x) rand()
> :wq

Hope this helps,

--