Re: RFS: wav2cdr (updated package)

El Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:08:26 +0100
Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> escribió:

> Hi Tony,
>
> I finally got around to review this package.

Thanks! and sorry for delay.

> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.3.3-12
> > of my package "wav2cdr".
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > wav2cdr    - Converts wav files into CD-ROM audio file format
> >
> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >

> [...]
>
> The package is mostly ready for upload, I just noticed two issues:
>
> - You updated the Standards-Version to 3.9.1 but did not document
> this in the changelog. Did you also check back with the checklist
> whether updating without changing anything was ok?
Oh, I always start changing the Standards-Version, and i don't
understand very well what do you mean with your question, you are
asking if I checked for changes in other files in debian/?

> - Your watchfile isn't working. And in fact it would make much more
> sense to use the author's web page instead of some maybe up-to-date
> mirror. Looking at http://volker.top.geek.nz/soft/pck/ it actually
> seems there is some 2.3.4 release!?

The 'old' watchfile is working ok to me, but now I added from the
homepage like you suggest, and the 'old' watchfile searching based on
tar.gz, now tar.bz2 was added to.

> Furthermore it would be great if you could persuade upstream to fix
> all these conversion errors that gcc reports while compiling.

Now I'm working on 2.3.4, it seems like the author fix already some of
the gcc warnings and messages, I already send a email.
Now the 2.3.4 is on mentors.

> Hope this helps,
> Michael

And it does. Regards.