Re: How to add dependencies that exist in another repository

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Nov 2010, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > The packages for Debian there add a source.list.d file as you
> > describe.  (And it really confused me until I figured out what it had
>
> Which begs the question: why do we even have source.list.d/ suport in
> the first place (or, if it is really useful to other users of apt, why
> is it enabled by default) ?

Answering my own question: it was done in response to a valid request for an
"include" directive for sources.list.

See #66325, which asks for, and provides reasonable reasons for a "include"
directive... but people got sources.list.d/ instead, which is a lot more
difficult to keep wraps on.

  Henrique Holschuh