Re: package transition question

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 04:22:22PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Harald Jenny
> <harald@a-little-linux-box.at> wrote:
>
> > That's a very nice suggestion but I think the init script option will make more
> > sense for the OS community as a whole.
>
> Config::Model is not distribution-specific so I fail to see how using
> it would be worse.

Well I thought you were talking about using it in the Debian install scripts
which would make it rather Debian specific (upstream development is done rather
with Fedora).

> Combining it with the init script syntax check would be the best option.

True but I'm not very comfortable with doing great steps during Squeeze freeze
(about what amount of line counts for simple checks are we talking here?).

> --
> bye,
> pabs

Kind regards