Re: Open RFS lacking (further) response

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:22 AM, Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately, proposals such as the collaborative package review by Charles
> Plessy [2] haven't caught any attention. In particular, this is a call to people
> not being DD (yet): Everyone could review packages, but it just seems people
> only keep posting even more RFS.

I'm a non-DD that has done reviews on mentors and IRC. I can report
that there is significant pushback whenever someone hears you are a
non-DD. Understandably, the sponsees don't know if you know if they
can trust what you are saying, and since you don't have power to help
them upload, they don't even have to respond to your comments - only
to a DDs comments. A few times I have suggested something which the
sponsee disregarded (or questioned) to have a DD come and say the same
thing.

My point is that non-DD reviews might not be as helpful as we think,
if the sponsees are going to wait for a DD to respond anyways. It was
a good exercise (for me) to go through other people's packages - but I
understand that they are probably not going to trust something I say
and a DD will have to repeat my work.

Regards,
Scott