Re: packaging qt apps for debian

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:16 PM, David Kalnischkies
<kalnischkies+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rustom,
>
> 2010/10/2 Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com>:
>> Are there any pointers/policy/howtos for using qmake (rather than
>> configure) for deb-packaging?
>
> Do you know debhelper? debhelper (>= 7.4.12) should have support
> for the qmake buildsystem built-in, so you should be able to use its
> tiny example rules file (i am guessing here).

Thanks David

Doing some googling (starting debhelper) I find that cdbs is an
alternative to debhelper
and has a ready qmake class:

http://build-common.alioth.debian.org/cdbs-doc.html#id2561450

So you think it maybe better to go the cdbs->qmake-class way?

> More general as you are working on tartini it would be a good idea
> to take the RFP for it, its bug #515003 [0].

Ok I'll use that after a satisfactory packaging

> Best regards,
>
> David Kalnischkies
>
> [0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=515003

Thanks again