Re: No response from official maintainer

Hi Andriy,

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 13:49, Andriy Senkovych
<jolly_roger@itblog.org.ua> wrote:
> Hello, Sandro,
>
> thanks for you kind reply

You're welcome :)

> 2010/9/3 Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:
>> I am too lazy to check :) but you probably can find something about
>> the "freeze" process in the Debian policy and/or Developers Reference.
>> Just to do a very brief recap, during a freeze any upload to unstable
>> won't transition to testing (that will be the new stable) unless
>> accepted by a Release Team member. Experimental is "free to use" for
>> cases like yours, so the buildbot upload has to be targetting
>> experimental, and be tested there until we release and then be
>> uploaded to unstable.
>
> Thanks, I'll search a bit harder there. Does this means all the
> packages uploaded to mentors are going to unstable by default? Should
> I directly specify the target branch in an RFS (not for this case but
> in common)?

No, any upload go in the suite written in the first line of the
top-most debian/changelog entry, f.e.:

reportbug (4.12.6) unstable; urgency=low

that upload would go into unstable (the default when using 'dhc -r'),
to change that you can use '-D experimental' when calling 'dch' (if
you don't know what it is, install devscripts and then 'man dch'), and
then the upload will go into experimental.

Regards,