Re: conffiles

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:01:46PM +0300, Zvi Dubitzky wrote:
> I am having conffiles file placed  in debian directory and holding the
> configuration files ( full path)  that should avoid being overwritten when
> installing a package ,
> Yet when I install the built package   the package config files  are
> overwriting  the existing config files at /etc  without popping out a
> question.

You should never need to list files in /etc as conffiles, as they're
detected and a conffiles written out at package build time (because Policy
says all files in /etc are conffiles).

You'll almost certainly get better help if you post your source package
somewhere for other people to examine, or at least provide a representative
sample which demonstrates the problem you're seeing.

- Matt