Re: RFS: poppler (updated package)

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:03:08 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 05:52:48PM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.12.4-1.2
> > of my package "poppler".
> >
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/poppler/poppler_0.12.4-1.2.dsc
>
> I was going to upload this but ...
>
> I send unblock request on -1.1 before reading this mail.  After my
> dinner, I saw my unblock request has been accepted.
>
> At this point, we should not upload this trivial fix but we need to wait
> package migration of poppler.

I agree that this change is trivial (and rather unnecessary), but the
release team was insistent (at least with me) that they wouldn't
unblock until it was fixed.  It appears that they are less stringent
for unblock requests coming directly from DDs.

However, I'm not sure if your unblock went through; at least according
to the qa page its still blocked [0].

> > The previous poppler package that I had sponsored fixed an RC issue by
> > versioning a Conflicts entry. The release team wants the corresponding
>
> Where is this discussion?

See my freeze exception request: http://bugs.debian.org/592812.

Best wishes,
Mike