RFS: py-postgresql (was: Re: RFS: python3-postgresql)

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 12:37:13 +0200, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:
> some comments:
>
> - where is the ITP for this package?! if you don't know what it is and
> why you need to file one before packaging something, google is your
> friend.

Sorry about that, its filled now as #591048

> - thanks for uploading -3 without updating this thread (so link in the
> only email don't work)...
> - more about it, why do you upload three revision for a NEW package?
> just merge all the changelog in -1, and close there the ITP!
> - consider joining the python modules team and maintain the package
> there: http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/HowToJoin
>
> debian/control
>
> - why do you name the source package python3-postgresql? it's wrong to
> call it with the version of the interpreter (it's correct to name the
> *binary* package that way, tho); just don't diverge from upstream and
> call it py-postgresql

Done, now it's as py-postresql

> - remove XB-Python-Version , it's not used
> - use priority optional, no need to be extra
>
> debian/copyright
>
> - remove all the useless comments "# Please chose a license for your
> packaging work. If the program you package"
> - are you sure BSD (upstream) and GPL-3 (packaging) licenses can work
> together? consider they are distributed together, and you might need
> to change the upstream code: can you do that freely? hint: it's
> usually safe to choose the packaging license the same as upstream.
>
> debian/rules
> - why do you override dh_auto_build? doesn't dh already do all the
> needful to build the package for all supported versions? same goes for
> dh_install and dh_clean.
> - remove useless comments
>
> debian/watch
> - once again, remove useless comments

Thanks for all your comments, I hope I fixed them all.

Here is the new package:

* Package name    : py-postgresql
  Version         : 1.0.1-1
  Upstream Author : James William Pye <x@jwp.name>
* URL             : http://python.projects.postgresql.org/
* License         : BSD
  Section         : python

It builds these binary packages:
python3-postgresql - pgsql driver, cluster management tools, and client
tools

The upload would fix these bugs: 591048

My motivation for maintaining this package is: py-postgresql is a great
project for python3 with an active upstream which can help the grown
of python3 community.

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/py-postgresql/py-postgresql_1.0.1-1.dsc