Re: debian/watch file based on text and not on href

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 09:31:11AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Nick Andrik <nick.andrik@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I would like to create a watch file that does not check the href of a
> > page, but the text included in the anchor, for example:
>
> debian-mentors is not the right place for uscan feature requests. You
> should report a bug against the devscripts package instead, after
> checking that there isn't already a similar bug. That said, #395439
> looks similar so maybe you could provide a patch for it or find
> someone willing and able to do that.

I guess Nick might have been just asking whether this was possible and,
if it is, how to do it - which could fall within "help new packagers
find out how to and help experienced packagers find out how to do
new things" :)

That said, I myself did read the uscan manpage carefully after reading
Nick's question yesterday, and after a couple of quick tests I did
conclude that this was simply not possible with the current version of
uscan - so it might indeed not have been that hard to conclude that
this is, actually, a feature request :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@space.bg    roam@ringlet.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
If I were you, who would be reading this sentence?