Re: My pending RFSs (xpdf, ushare, protoaculous, gordon, checksec)

Hi there, people.

On Jul 16 2010, Osamu Aoki wrote:
>   main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xpdf/xpdf_3.02-3.dsc
>
> But I only see:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xpdf/xpdf_3.02-8.dsc

Yeah, Michael decided to increment the revisions and I followed suit in
the packaging:

  * http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/xpdf.git

> It looks very nice.  I have a question.
>
> I do not see security patches on the web in your patches:
> xpdf-3.02pl1.patch: a patch for a security hole (1050 bytes)
> xpdf-3.02pl2.patch: a patch for security holes (20843 bytes)
> xpdf-3.02pl3.patch: a patch for security holes (30727 bytes)
> xpdf-3.02pl4.patch: a patch for security holes (6982 bytes)

You may want to read this:

  * http://github.com/rbrito/xpdf-poppler/blob/master/README.md
  * http://rb.doesntexist.org/blog/2010/05/27/please-let-me-zoom-my-documents/
  * http://rb.doesntexist.org/blog/2010/06/10/a-version-of-xpdf-with-the-poppler-backend-available/

> This is too big a package for me to review now but very good work.

Not that big... :-) I took care to comment each of the patches in the
commit list of the xpdf-poppler fork that I am maintaining in github.

Also, I am including other people that may also be interested in getting
an updated version of xpdf in Debian.

While I prefer the version of poppler that I am maintaining I think
that, for less disruptive changes, Michael's version may be preferrable.

Regards, Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de