Help with autoconf / libtool

Hi,

I would like to seek some help with libtool / autoconf for a small
package I would like to put into Debian Med.  Upstream has written a
small library to interact with the German "Gesundheitskarte" and I tried
to provide the libtool stuff to enable architecture independent building
of static and dynamic library.  Obviosely my knowledge in this field
is limited as well because after an ABI change I tried to increase
the soversion but failed - it just stays at 0.0.0 whatever I try.

I have uploaded my try to

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/ctapi-mkt/

and perhaps some kind soul might have a look at this package.  I guess
neither upstream nor me would care if libtool is replaced by some other
build system - it just should work.

Feel free to ask me for any further information which helps tracking
down the problem.  The task is to fix the (not yet released) upstream
tarball to get an increased soversion on the resulting dynamic library.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de