Re: RFC: Using git/collab-maint/PET for debian-mentors.

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> As said on IRC, "cue anti-git flamage". In debian we use a multitude
> of version control systems and we shouldn't impose choice of a
> specific VCS nor force people to use a VCS. I personally maintain
> packages in git, in SVN and in no VCS and prefer either no VCS or SVN
> for teams.

+1. There's no need to impose any particular VCS onto maintainers, even
by default. It falls into the domain of allowing the maintainer to make
their own decisions concerning their own work.

> >      * Optionally co-ordinating on IRC in #debian-mentors, as well as
> >        via notes at the top of debian/changelog.
>
> I imagine this happens already?

I'm not sure what “coordinating via notes at the top of
debian/changelog” means. Bear in mind that the changelog is primarily
for communicating package changes *to users* of those packages.

--
 \       “Firmness in decision is often merely a form of stupidity. It |
  `\        indicates an inability to think the same thing out twice.” |