git-buildpackage and multiple source tarballs

Hi,

I have a small package which is currently in the process to being
converted to 3.0 (quilt) with multiple original tarballs, thanks to
upstream's decision to ship the single 31 KB manpage in its own tarball.

I maintain the Debian packaging in git and used to use git-buildpackage.

Do I see correctly, that git-buildpackage, git-import-orig etc do only
have limited support for handling multiple upstream tarballs? Which
workflow is recommended to handle this?

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190