Re: RFS: emu8051

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Johan Van de Wauw <johan.vandewauw@gmail.com> wrote:
I am not a devian developer, so I can not sponser your upload, however
here are some comments:
debian/control: XSBC-original maintainer is a field only used by
ubuntu, remove it
section: I would use 'Electronics'

debian/copyright:
your last lines read:
License: GPL-2
 The Debian packaging is hereby placed in the GPL-2 (no rights
 reserved).
I'm not a lawyer, but I would either put your debian packaging under
the GPL-2 or release it  in the public domain (no rights reserved).
Now they conflict.

build system:
consider using debhelper 7  instead of cdbs, as this is what most new
packages use. The minimal rule should work fine
/usr/share/doc/debhelper/examples/rules.tiny

src/Makefile.am consider adding --as-needed to your link flag when
using gtk (send this upstream)
17:  emu8051_LDADD = $(GTK_LIBS) -Wl,--as-needed

Lastly, my most important comment: I recommend you to join the
pkg-electronics team, and to request sponsorship there:
http://wiki.debian.org/PkgElectronics

Hello all again!

Based on the above review here is the updated dsc

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/e/emu8051/emu8051_1.1.0-1.dsc

Regards
--
Bhavani Shankar.R