Re: RFS: roxterm (updated package)

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:55:59 +0300
George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:

> Ops, apparently I forgot to reply to that (i.e. previous) mail for
> some reason a week ago, sorry about that. I had a look at the src
> diff against the version in sid, got lost into that, and decided that
> large change like that to fix few decorative bugs does not justify
> the risk to eventually introduce fresh bugs to the package already
> found in sid for a month, while Debian is approaching a release. I'd
> be glad if a more capable reviewer give it a try., and eventually
> upload, if necessary. Do we really have good reasons, to worry about
> roxterm 1.18.2-1 in testing and sid?

One of the bugs I fixed is a bit more serious, involving trying to
access freed memory, which can cause unpredictable crashes (it never bit
me, a gentoo user found it). If you're concerned about the other changes
I could isolate that fix as a patch and release 1.18.2-2, but that
doesn't really strike me as the right thing to do when the fix is
released upstream.

I'll also contact the other potential sponsor who emailed me privately
and see if he's willing to review 1.18.3-1.