Re: Advice about Lintian errors

Le dimanche 30 mai 2010, Jakub Wilk a écrit :
> * Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+debian@ortolo.eu>, 2010-05-30, 18:19:
> FYI, your package does not build in a clean chroot; some
> build-dependencies[1] are missing.

Do you have a log of such a failure?

>> The second one, missing-dep-for-interpreter, is about a Zsh script
>> (autojump providing a Zsh extension, this is expected) and the following
>> dependency set:
>>    Depends: ${misc:Depends}, python, ${python:Depends},
>
> [1] ...including a build-dependency that would fill in
> ${python:Depends}.

Well, in fact I have no idea of what ${python:Depends} actually means. I
simply saw that dpkg-gencontrol was complaining about:
warning: package autojump: unused substitution variable ${python:Depends}

I did not find anything about my exact case in the Python packaging
policy, but I found that some packages had to list ${python:Depends} in
their Depends field. I tried it, and dpkg-gencontrol stopped
complaining. Maybe dpkg-gencontrol was simply complaining incorrectly
and I should simply revert my change.

>> bash (>= 4.0) | zsh
>> You will note that it depends on bash or zsh, because autojump is an
>> extension for both, and is only useless if none of them is installed.
>
> bash is essential, so such a dependency is trivially satisfiable. I would
> get rid of this dependency, override missing-dep-for-interpreter, and use
> "Enhances: bash, zsh, zsh-beta" instead.

Thanks, this seems a good way to indicate it!

--
Tanguy Ortolo