Re: RFS: mail-notification (NMU for RC bugs)

Hello Stephen,

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 13:31, Stephen Kitt <steve@sk2.org> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 5.4.dfsg.1-2.2
> of my package "mail-notification".

i'd like to sponsor it, but there's a problem...

> It builds these binary packages:
> mail-notification - mail notification in system tray
> mail-notification-evolution - evolution support for mail notification
>
> The package is not lintian clean, but as I understand it an NMU is not the
> place to fix longstanding lintian issues.

... an here it is: the package has a lintian error:
binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath

with that lintian error, the package will get auto-REJECTED moments
after the upload (cfr [1]).

[1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/#lintianrejects

The proper way to avoid it is to fix this error :) There is also a
workaround, but I since it seems you care a bit about this package,
i'd like to give you teh "opportunity" to correct it.

Additionally, are you interested in co-maintain it? maybe write to the
current (quite inactive) maint lending your hand.

> The upload would fix these bugs: 577503, 580884, 580886, 582118; the last
> three are release-critical, and the first is very annoying (the icons used in
> the current version of the package no longer exist).
>
> Here is the changelog:
>
> mail-notification (5.4.dfsg.1-2.2) unstable; urgency=low
>
>  * Non-maintainer upload.
>  * Switch to "3.0 (quilt)" source format, to allow the various changes
>    below to be readily identified.
>  * Split existing changes into patches, and fix the existing change to
>    mn-evolution-server.gob for evolution-data-server 2.23.5 (the
>    eds-version.h include file was missing).
>  * Update .gob files for gob2 2.0.16 and rebuild from scratch (Closes:
>    #580886).
>  * Update for evolution-data-server 2.29 and later, based on the fix
>    present in Fedora 13
>    (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=388098) (Closes:
>    #580884, #582118).
>  * Replace stock icons with icons present in current versions of
>    gnome-icon-theme, based on the fix present in Fedora 13
>    (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=415509) (Closes:
>    #577503).

these changes are fine: give a look at the rpath issue and I'll sponsor it.

Regards,