Re: Preventing init script start during package install

Hi,

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:54:35PM +0300, Zaar Hai wrote:
> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Marc Haber
> <mh+debian-mentors@zugschlus.de> wrote:
> > If you have dh_installinit, use --noscripts and have a good reason
> > for not starting the service automatically.
> Thanks! I'll try that out (looks like I'll need to some CDBS diving :).

I guess that CDBS allows you to provide additional parameters for the
dh_installinit call. Not having used advanced CDBS in a while, I
cannot give more useful advice.

> I do not want to start script, since I usually do upgrade right before
> making disk 'ghost'. So I have to terminate the service immediately
> right after dpkg starts it; but the service starts to process jobs,
> which have to be aborted and recovered then. Does it sound like a good
> reason?

Is that workflow valid for all users of your package? If so, it is a
valid approach; if not, you could prevent start of your service
locally on your systems by an apporpriate policy-rc.d layer.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190