Re: RFS: libapache2-mod-geoip (updated package)

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Nigel Jones <dev@nigelj.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.2.5-1
> of my package "libapache2-mod-geoip".

Here is a review:

ftpmaster have overriden the section to httpd, you might want to adopt that:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/liba/libapache2-mod-geoip.html

You might want to switch to debhelper 7 rules.tiny style file.

I'm quite surprised apache doesn't have a debhelper script to generate
the apache module maintainer scripts for you. Please check if there is
a bug report about that and file one if not.

Your source package contains debhelper.log, it should be removed on clean.

The second paragraph of the long description can be merged with the first one.

I would rewrite your changelog entry like this:

libapache2-mod-geoip (1.2.5-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New maintainer (Closes: #578179)
  * New upstream release (Closes: #556904)
    - Fixes intermittent segfaults (Closes: #497560)
  * The package works with Apache 2.x, adjust description (Closes: #400980)
  * Bump Standards-Version, the following changes were needed:
    - foo
    - bar
  * Add a homepage
  * Switch to dpkg-source v3

 -- Nigel Jones <dev@nigelj.com>  Thu, 20 May 2010 21:08:01 +1200

Once it reaches Ubuntu, you might want to get them to sync so they
drop their gratuitous changes.

The upstream INSTALL file says it needs GeoIP >= 1.4.3, you should
update build-depends in debian/control.

Should GeoIPDBFile in the configuration file be uncommented?

The Homepage should probably be moved to the source package section of
debian/control.

Please review, update and add appropriate debtags:

http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/edit.html?pkg=libapache2-mod-geoip

lintian complaints:

P: libapache2-mod-geoip source: source-contains-cvs-conflict-copy
.#mod_geoip.c.1.24
W: libapache2-mod-geoip: spelling-error-in-changelog intermittant intermittent

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise