Re: RFS: xserver-xorg-video-qxl

On Thu, May  6, 2010 at 23:19:20 +0800, Liang Guo wrote:

> I've upload a new version xserver-xorg-video-qxl to mentor, it can be get from
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xserver-xorg-video-qxl/xserver-
> xorg-video-qxl_0.0.12-2.dsc
>
> its git repository is
>
> git://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/xserver-xorg-video-qxl.git

Hi,

I just had a quick look at the git repo.  The packaging looks sane
enough.  The git tree is kind of a mess though.  It would be nicer IMO
to directly pull from the upstream git tags at
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-qxl, rather
than dump the contents directly.  Same goes for debian/xsfbs/ stuff.

Also the code is moved to a versioned xserver-xorg-video-qxl-0.0.12
subdir inside your git tree, which is not the way to go IMO.

debian/patches/series mentions fix_qxl_driver_assert.patch, but that
patch is not in the repo (I assume it's upstream's "qxl: remove asserts
that make no sense anymore" commit).

Some minor stuff that could be updated for recent changes in other
pkg-xorg drivers:
- rename the build dir from 'obj-$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE)' to 'build' or
  similar, there's no reason to have the build machine type in there
  (that's just a cosmetic change)
- update xsfbs.mk to the latest version, build-depend on
  xserver-xorg-dev 2:1.7.6.901, and use ${xviddriver:Depends} instead of
  ${xserver:Depends}.  This should allow us to handle ABI changes
  without Conflicts/Breaks in the future, see #573371.
- drop the http://xorg.freedesktop.org and mailman urls from
  debian/control

Thanks for working on this driver!

Cheers,