Re: Specifying %{variable} in control file for use in post inst?

Ignacio Valdes <ivaldes@hal-pc.org> writes:

> So what is the usual method of accessing control file values such as
> Package: in postinst?

Generally, you don't, since generally there's no reason to do so.  I can't
say I've ever had any reason to want to do that in any of the Debian
packages I maintain.

If you do need that information, substituting it into the postinst during
the package build is the way to go.

> What is the usual method of accessing user-defined control file values
> such as XC-branding in postinst?

Debian generally does not use user-defined control file values.