perl cgi location

Hi,

I'm preparing to apply as new Debian maintainer and I'm working on packaging of GestioIP application, http://www.gestioip.net/ , developed by Marc Uebel. Basicaly, thats a IP address management application with web interface, based on perl cgi's sitting on mysql database.

From what I've read till now in beginers manuals and find out investigating other similar packages, perl cgi's should be placed in /usr/share/gestioip directory. Thats kind of problem because application is originaly coded for taking place in /var/www/gestioip directory and changing that means either changing a lot of original code either some dirty quick fixes and we would like avoid that, if possible of course..

So the question is; is it possible to put perl cgi's in /var/www/gestioip and stay compliant with Debian packaging rules?
Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Nenad Tomašević